Everything here is in full bloom or just past it. I've been extremely lucky this year, I've gotten to see 3 springs! First in Chapel Hill, then at home, and now in Wyoming! It has been beautiful in all 3 places!
My mom would be so proud right now...I'm watching Star Wars right now. Yesterday, before I ran out the door to get my errands done, I watched the bar scene from the first movie on tv. It was every bit as funny as mom re-enacting it. :)
I was a few minutes early to choir practice on Wednesday, so I decided to explore the area around the church a little bit. There is a neat little soccer park, recreation area right across the street from the church, and down the street, this is the view I found. It was amazing with the setting sun casting light around everywhere. This is Heart Mountain, one of the mountains surrounding Cody. 
I finally got a space cleared for my End of the Trail statue. It sits in the window beside my bed where I can see it easily.
Church this morning went really well. The choir piece, "Come, Build A Church," went really well. The pianist/organist that accompanied us did a REALLY good job, and her piece during the Offertory was just beautiful. It was a piano solo that made me close my eyes to listen to (thought you would enjoy that Rachel!). The sermon was talking about the wind of the Holy Spirit, and the minister showed a picture on the screen about how the wind moves things. It showed a picture taken from an airplane, somewhere in this area, of massive round hay bales that had been blown across a field. You could see where they had sat before, and how far they had been blown across the pasture. It was really amazing that these massive, heavy hay bales could be blown so far. The effect that the wind had on them was truly amazing, and translates to our own lives to how the Holy Spirit can move us to places we may not want to go, or even simply to move us from just being in a set place.
My 2nd week of work starts tomorrow. I'm hopeful that it will be as easy and successful as this past one has. I think it will. :) I'll have lots of pictures to show from my trip to the K3 Ranch on Wednesday. It's a bed and breakfast/dude ranch sort of place and I'm really looking forward to it.
Woo I got a shout out! Yes- I've had so many 'closed eyes' moments lately. Funny how the closed eye moments can be so eye opening when you're listening... I love getting to see pictures! And the sundrop- whoa. that is quite an elaborately packed package- this person has skills. Though I still think the pick up for it makes it 67.83% better ;)
ReplyDelete