Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Might Not Get Up In The Morning...Unless I Can Put Out Fires Again!

It's gonna be tough to get up in the morning...I just played 2 hours and 15 straight of volleyball...and I loved every minute of it! I haven't been this sore since, well, Styron's class at Christmas...but that's beside the point because his class ALWAYS makes me sore. I thought my legs were going to collapse at the end of the 4th set...thank goodness they didn't!

I'm definitely the new girl, and as always, feel like I have to prove myself...so what better way to do that than the block the cockiest guy out on the court on his first swing? Yep. It happened. (Honestly I was a little surprised b/c we were playing on a guy's net)...and I felt kinda bad for a second, but who doesn't enjoy a good block every now and then? ESPECIALLY when it's a guy! :)

We were definitely playing competitively. Our first set ended up being a 37-35 victory! My team lost the next 4 sets. I switched teams for the last set, which was really fun because we had enough skills to run plays and stuff. I got to be setter for all 5 sets which pretty much made my day. If I could go back and do it all over again, I'd be a setter...that way you are guaranteed a touch every play. It was really fun to get out there and play competitively, where I'm not the best one out there, but i'm not the worst either, and have fun with complete strangers. Yet again, people are being extremely friendly and nice. One of the girls got a bit of a 'tude with the others during the game but I think she was just frustrated with some play so I'm not too worried about it. Every Tuesday from 7 to 9 I bet you can all guess where i'll be! :)

I got to work this morning and was informed that I had to participate in fire safety training. I was pretty stoked because this meant I got to put out fire!!! Don't worry Dad, I didn't play with it, so I didn't get burned! Haha! As I told Mike, the destroyer was very graceful with the fire extinguisher. It was a interesting start to the day for sure!

Tomorrow is the Choir Picnic and I'm looking forward to taking my baked apples along with me. I haven't had some good baked apples since I left home so I decided that's what I'd take.
Well...I'm off to take a hot shower and soak my muscles and pray that I'm not too sore to get out of bed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment