Dad and I went yesterday out South Fork Rd. headed towards the most remote area in the continental U.S. We didn't go INTO the most remote area, but we were really close to it. We saw TONS of mule deer, elk, and bighorn sheep.
After we got back midafternoon, we took a short break and then went back to the museum to look at a really neat exhibit on western saddle work and bridlery. Some of the saddles were going for $9,000-$10,000!! They were extremely fancy (but I don't know if I would go THAT far). We went to Bubba's for supper and both had some really good BBQ. It was good, even if it wasn't Hannah's. :)
This morning we got up early and took Dad to the airport. I wish he could stay longer, but we've had a great trip out here and gotten everything done that we wanted to. I went to First Pres here in Cody at 9:30 and somehow have already gotten roped into singing in the choir next week! Jonene (pronounced john-een) introduced herself before the service started and then later I saw she was the choir director. The choir had a really good anthem so I went over to talk to her after the service and told her I really enjoyed the anthem. She asked if I sang, and when I said yes, she said, "Good! Come to choir practice on Wednesday at 7!" She then took me around and introduced me to several people (Deb, Vince and Mary-Kate and their 2 kids Garrett and Aspen (what an awesome name!), Pat, and somebody else whose name I forget) and talked to me for awhile. She really made me feel welcome and at home, so I expect that I will be singing in the choir next week to show my appreciation. The choir only has 1 more week before it's off for the summer, so she also invited me to the end of the year choir picnic! :) I think we might be going to a ranch outside of town? I sure hope so!
Work starts tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to report at 8:30 and my summer work will officially begin! I'm going to go get some supper, watch another episode of America: The Story of Us, and possibly take a short walk around town before getting an early bedtime to be rested tomorrow! Hope to hear from all of you soon!
In case you missed it, my address is:
Kathryn McKee
719 Lindsay Lane
Cody, Wyoming 82414
I love you,Kathryn!And miss you too. I'll be praying for you tomorrow at your work while I'm at my work. God is good--giving Christian fellowship already.He has many blessings for you this summer. Good to have Daddy safely home---MUCH love---Mom
ReplyDeleteHmmm. Well, I tried to post a comment on your last entry a couple days ago...but I guess it didn't work. So hopefully this one will. Yay for having an address so I can send you the Sonic bag! Sounds like you already have ample adventures to fill said bag.
ReplyDeleteIncredible pictures. I'm so jealous.
Good luck starting work tomorrow. Y buena suerte con sus compaƱeras hispanohablantes.
I LOOOOVE your pictures!!! :) Hope your first day of work went well!!! -Samantha
ReplyDeleteGrannie has sent an e mail every day this week asking if I've read your blog so Claire finally showed me how to find it, and I'll report tomorrow that I've read it. You'll have a wonderful summer and with your positive spirit, you'll make friends wherever you go. Take care, work hard, play some too. Joyce
ReplyDeleteGrannie has sent me an email every day this week asking if I've read your blog so I finally got Claire to help me look at it and tomorrow I will report that I've read it. You'll have a wonderful summer with your positive spirit. And you'll make great friends I'm sure. Take care, work hard, and play some too.
ReplyDelete