God is too good to me and always provides just what I need. I was reading Psalm 36 last week and was really struck by vs. 1-4 that describe how the wicked belittles his sin and think they aren't such a bad person. I realized that I do that ALL THE TIME. Just "catching up" with a friend easily turns into a full-blown gossip session, or I'll catch myself judging someone out here I haven't even met. I beliettle my own sins and think to myself, "Oh, I'm not so bad...I don't murder people or steal things." But my sins are STILL sins. Yet no matter what I do, God still loves me. Isn't that so reassuring? I am continually amazed at how he provides for me despite all I do that displeases Him.
Despite my trepidations about living in a house with 7 girls from Mexico, my Spanish is improving and I am able to communicate with them. And we ALL know that that is a gift from God---on my own I wouldn't even be able to say Hola! :) I have been able to serve these girls and help them translate text messages and download pictures on the computer. I made cookies Tuesday night to share (which were AWFUL because of the difference in altitudes) and they were nice and said they were good anyway. They shared some of their meal with me a couple nights ago and never make me feel dumb when I can't think of the right words to say. God is so good.
He has given me an awesome church to go to. I went to choir practice last night and felt so welcomed and even expected! (Side note: One of the men in the bass section has the deepest voice I've ever heard---I don't know which one of them it was, but his voice is beautiful!) The congregation feels like a tight-knit group that knows one another well and genuinely cares for each other. The choir was most welcoming and just plain nice. I have been invited to the choir picnic next Wednesday at the K3 Ranch---it's Jerry's place! :) God is truly amazing and is providing me with a solid place to worship Him and dwell in Him despite everything that I do wrong.
Another side note --->this one is funny. The woman next to me at practice asked me if I did any choral work at school. It took me a few seconds to figure out what she was asking because she pronounced it "corral" - like where you keep horses. I was thinking "no, I don't do corral work at school- it's in a city!" But then I figured out she meant Choral as in choral music.
Work is going just great. I got to listen in on a real meeting yesterday! That was really neat and I learned more about the process of actually displaying artifacts in a museum. Neat!
God is making this transition an easy process. It amazes me how faithful and just He continues to be. Praise the Lord! Thank you for all your prayers! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment