Yesterday, I got to meet the former curator of the BBM (Buffalo Bill Museum). He reminded me a lot of Dad...suit, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, mustache...but his hair was a lot whiter than Dad's. :) Anyway, several of us were going through the museum looking at the lighting and seeing which lights were effective and which ones weren't. There aren't any standard overhead lights in the museum because many of the artifacts are light sensitive and will age more quickly with bright lights. Each object or collection of objects has a sort of spotlight on it, so that the pools of light will illuminate enough for you to look at the exhibit. Some of the lights were not pointed where they should have been or too many were pointed at something, so we all went through and decided a better use of lighting for the next year and a half before they start the reinstallation. It was pretty fun! Then I was invited out for lunch with several people in the main BBM office. We went to Bubba's and I had bbq and sweet tea. The bbq was good (even though it was beef bbq) but the tea was like dishwater. I wanted to go in the back and show them how to make a REAL pot of tea. I added some stuff and made it drinkable. :)
I got back from work and noticed that someone had moved in my room. I didn't meet her till I got back from the movies with Laura and Gwenanne, and her name is Jessica. She's from Alabama so I get to have another southern accent around! She goes to Bryn-Mawr (sp?) up in Pennsylvania, so hopefully I can get rid of the PA part and stick with the Alabama accent. She's been nice so far.
I realized I hadn't been outside much last week (which is highly unusual) so I decided to explore a little more around the lake and resevoir on the south side of town. I found a nifty little spot to sit and read overlooking the little lake so I expect I will be there a lot, especially when the weather is nice. I made sure to check around for snakes before I got too settled. It is supposed to snow this weekend at some point. I know it will in the mountains, I'm not sure how much Cody would get, we'll probably just get rain.
I'm headed to Yellowstone tomorrow! I feel bad about missing church, but I don't want to go to Yellowstone by myself and I was invited to go with Laura and Gwenanne on Sunday. I'm really excited about going, and I'll probably see some snow! We're leaving about 8 and are going to stop at a B&B that Laura knows about for breakfast. It should be an adventurous day!
Today is busy with swimming, grocery shopping, and getting ready for Yellowstone! Happy Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment