We live in a beautiful country. Having gone across 4,000 miles total of it, I think I have a pretty good idea of what it looks like- well, at least the 20 or 30 miles I could see out my window. :) The flight from Cody to Denver and back again is gorgeous because you can see a stretch of the Rockies that still have snow on the tops. 


Leaving Cody was quite an adventure. I woke up Thursday morning and thought, "Oh great. Just what I need, a thunderstorm." After I got ready amidst all the noise, I walked upstairs, looked out the window, and saw a clear blue sky. What I had heard was the wind that sounded like thunder. It had blown trees over and was like nothing I've ever seen or experienced before. Walking from the terminal outside to the plane, I almost got blown over- and it takes a lot to blow me over! One woman lost a book and somebody else lost their shoes (But I'm not quite sure how THAT happened). My connection in Denver went smoothly and as soon as I stepped outside the terminal in Charlotte, I wanted to fall over again! But this time from heat stroke. It was simply awful.
I have a nerdy, history major confession to make. All during my flights, I kept imagining myself in a B-29 bomber somewhere over France or Germany. All the little puffs of clouds looked like white "ack-ack" shot out of an anti-aircraft gun. I could imagine myself looking through the bombsight finding my target and shouting "Bombs Away!" :) Needless to say, I had a BLAST flying home and back! (No pun intended) Watching the sun dance through and around the clouds was a lot of fun too.
Jessica's wedding went off great. I'm glad I could share in her special day and be there for her. It was great to visit with her family who I haven't had the chance to see in about a year and a half. I had such a great time.
Yesterday, some of the girls from church left for their week at Worship and Music at Montreat. They don't konw how badly I want to go with them. I know they will have an awesome week- it's impossible NOT to! I am praying that their musical gifts and talents will glorify God and that they will feel His presence each time a choir sings like I have.
I'm back to work tomorrow. I'll try to share some more good stories from this weekend tomorrow or the next day. Safe travels to Mary Catherine who travels to Denmark tomorrow! I hope her flights are as fun as mine have been!
your B-29 comment made me laugh! sometimes i like to touch old things i think people touched. when i went to Monticello i touched everything i could thinking Jefferson might rub off on me :)
ReplyDelete