The rest of the day, we went over to Old Faithful and walked around all the trails to see all of the other geysers and hot springs. It was really neat to learn how geysers actually work (the diagrams in the info brochure really helped too!) and then see them in action.
On our way back home we saw another grizzly bear! This one was smaller than the first but looked more silvery and more what I would consider a grizzly bear. They were both incredible to see and absolutely beautiful, but I definitely wouldnt want to get too close to them.
While we were at Old Faithful, we were waiting for the geyser to blow and there was a large family sitting near us. We heard one of the kids (he was about 10) talking to one of the rangers giving a presentation, and he said, "The nature world is better than the digital world that man has created." First of all, where did this kid come from? Second, when did 10 year olds have such philosophical statements? But he is so true. I am amazed at what my camera is capable of doing, but it is only a small glimpse at what I really see. I wish I could aptly describe everything i've seen here, but words simply cannot do it justice. There are so many people that I wish I could drag to the top of the Sunlight Basin, or to the last rise of the road before heading down the hill overlooking Yellowstone Lake, or in front of the elk calves, buffalo calves, bears, and new growth throughout the park. I want to stand beside them a shake them and say "how can you not believe!?" God has created SUCH a beautiful world for us and I completely fail at thanking Him enough for what He has given us. My devotional that i've been working through is a wonderful resource (thanks Amy!) and I hope to share it with several friends and family once I get back this summer. The nature world IS better than the digital world that man created, because GOD created it all. The beauty of the land out here continues to amaze me. God is good. All the time.
Tomorrow I'm headed off to church again and then my errands for the next few weeks. I've gotten some really nice letters this week (thanks Bec!!) which were a pleasant surprise, and feel well-informed about everything that's going on at home. Tomorrow will be a busy day, but hopefully I can find some alone time to look back at what i've done the past 3 weeks. My spanish is improving, but still has a ways to go. Until then, buenas noches! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment