Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy Week

This past week has been really busy. As you can see from my desk, i've been hard at work! :) I've got some specific projects i've been working on this past week and particular things I'm supposed to be researching. I think my desk says it all!


This weekend has been fairly relaxing which has been super nice. I took a nap yesterday and dreamed about some of the people from Buffalo Bill's Wild West show. It was really weird, but I guess I'm learning new things!

We went to the Rodeo twice this week. The first day was fun because they had some new events that they hadn't had earlier in the summer. It was pretty cold, probably in the upper 30's or lower 40's, but I had my jacket and was just fine. The animals were really frisky and about 3 of the horses almost jumped over the rail and out of the chutes. They were ready to get the show on the road! Last night, Cody had a special event just for bull riding and bull fighting. 4 or 5 of the bull riders had really great scores which was fun to see. Usually, there's only 1 or 2 that make the 8 seconds. One of the guys that I play volleyball with was one of the bull fighters. He did really well and made it to the final round. I was really nervous watching since I actually know him. He got tossed up in the air and did a corkscrew before falling down and the scorekeepers called him off before his time finished so he wouldn't get any more hurt than he already was. I think he did something to his arm, but I'll have to wait and see if he comes to the gym Monday to know for sure. He finished 3rd out of 9 for the competition.


I'm getting ready to head home on Thursday for Jess' wedding. I'm looking forward to being home for a few days and getting to see green stuff again. I'll have to get used to hot weather again too! I've really enjoyed not being hot so far. I think it's supposed to turn warmer next week, but we'll see. Apparently it has been a pretty cold spring here.

No comments:

Post a Comment