I wanted to start off this jukebox by thinking about Christmas from the different points of view of those immediately involved. I think I'm going to have a theme of sorts for every 5 days, and then will post my thoughts about those 5 days as a group instead of once a day. That is easier for me in this crazy busy time of writing papers and finals coming up with school! Here are the first 5 days of the Jukebox:
December 1- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Diamond Rio
Version by The Civil Wars
Version by Pentatonix
We are calling for the Messiah to come to us while we are in this period of preparation and waiting. We are earnest for him to arrive.
December 2- When Love Was Born
Mark Schultz
I love this song because it makes me think about what it was like the night Jesus was born. While the physical representation of God's love for us was born that night through Jesus, I think it's a nice lyric to when we were first created.
Starlight shines, the night is still
Shepherds watch from a hill
I close my eyes, see the night
When love was born
Perfect child gently waits
A mother bends to kiss God's face
I close my eyes, see the night
When love was born
Angels fill the midnight sky, they sing
Hallelujah, He is Christ, our King
Emmanuel, Prince of peace
Loves come down for you and me
Heaven's gift, the holy spark
To let the way inside our hearts
Bethlehem, through your small door
Came the hope we've waited for
The world was changed forevermore
When love was born
I close my eyes, see the night
When love was born
December 3- Mary Did You Know?
Pentatonix Version
The Gaithers
December 4- Be Born In Me
Francesca Battistelli
There is an entire album (Music Inspired By The Story) that includes songs from the points of view of the "all-stars" of the Bible. This song is Mary's viewpoint.
December 5- Joseph's Lullaby
MercyMe
Jukebox Junkie:
This is an oldie that I ran across last year or the year before. For some reason, it makes me think about my Dad.....must be the MILK AND COOKIES!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment