Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Substituting
I've had a successful 2 days substituting under my belt. Last week at the high school went pretty well. I had 3 World History classes- 2 were working on projects and the other took a test. I got lucky because the high school has an early release on Fridays....so I got to go home early too!
Today I was subbing for a "para educator"...what they are called here...basically someome who goes into a classroom and works with anywhere from 3-15ish kids on reading and math for 20-45 minutes. It varies for each group. I had all ages of elementary school today. Everything went really well, but I don't think I would want to do that full-time everyday. I ran from 1 end of the building to the other to the other all day (the building has 3 hallways connected in the middle), with hardly enough time to get the next folder for the next group and find their class. I think I would rather be the teacher in 1 class instead of preparing for 6 different age groups in multiple subjects.
Some fun moments:
1. I walked into a Kindergarten class and immediately got a hug from a little girl.
2. Lots of kids asked where I was from.
"Are you from Texas?" "No, i'm from North Carolina." "Oh, so you're country."
"I like your voice. I like your hair. I like your sweater. My eyes are blue just like yours. Guess my name. ....Guess my last name." (dont think i'll EVER get that one!)
3. A 3rd grade teacher asked "How long have you been substituting? You've got a glow." "Thank you...this is my 2nd day." "What are you doing next Wednesday?" guess i'll be subbing again!
It was a fun day at the elementary school. One of the teachers who I shared the office with said "See you soon!" on my way out the door.......I sure hope so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay on getting some subbing in!
ReplyDeletenow that people have had you in for them you will hopefully be getting more calls :)