What a fun weekend in Chicago! Congrats to Adrienne and Dave Williams on their new marriage!
I flew to Chicago on Friday and met Mama at the airport. We had a lively evening catching up and settling in. Saturday we got up early and headed to the church for a 10:30 wedding. The music was incredible! All the songs Adrienne and Dave picked were beautiful and played very well by ALL the musicians. We had a little time between the wedding and reception so Mama, Bob Kuenzel, and I stopped at Portillo's for a hotdog. Portillo's is known for their hotdogs, but they had other stuff too. The reception was super fancy...with a 4 course lunch! It was a lot of fun to see and visit with Lenoir people and see some familiar faces again. That evening, we went with Rob and Ginger to a famous place for Chicago style pizza. It was fantastic. We also watched Dook lose to Maryland which was also fantastic, but the pizza really took the cake. :)
Sunday we got up and went to church with Adrienne's folks and enjoyed a very good service filled with lots of music. After church, Adrienne's parents let us borrow one of their cars so we could go out to lunch with my cousin Annemarie who lives in Chicago. That really helped make the afternoon. We went to PANERA (!!) for lunch and had a great visit. I had fun hearing all about her class and students. After lunch, we went to the mall across the street for some shopping. It was fun to be in a place where I could shop! I had choices!! (I didn't actually get anything, but it was fun to look anyway!)
Monday was an early morning to get to the airport in time for my flight and both Mama and I were home by lunch.....her to NC and me to WY. It was such a fun weekend!
Tuesday I got all my paperwork turned in to be on the substitute teaching list.....I have my first class tomorrow.....it's a high school Social Studies class (I got lucky with that one!) so I hope that it goes well!
The biggest news is that I have a job interview!! March 5th I will go out to Heart Mountain for an interview for the education/archives asst. position I wrote about earlier. I'm 1 step closer!! And really excited about it!
Volleyball continues to go well...I got my first floor burn in a looooooong time this week. I have musical practice tonight, and 2 more times next week before our big performance! I'm have the words memorized probably 70% and hope to get more of them at practice tonight.
In case anyone forgot to count, there are 27 days until my birthday. :) Just wanted to throw that out there!!
Sounds like you all had a blast!
ReplyDelete