Monday, February 11, 2013
A Month
Well.....i've been here a month. Time has gone by REALLY fast and it doesn't seem like a month at all. A few updates:
1. I get to see my Mama this weekend!! We are both going to a wedding in Chicago, so I get to see her for an entire weekend! I'm very excited!!
2. The temperature was 1 this morning. I just felt like that was worth sharing.
3. This is my last week with Hazel. She has been so fun to play with! I know i'll still get to see her regularly, but I will miss seeing her every day! We've had lots of adventures together...including 2 new teeth.
4. Once I get back from the wedding I will be getting into my substitute teaching. I know that will be an adventure too! I have a couple of job possibilities...one is a part-time education job at the Heart Mountain Interpretive Center (the site of a Japanese internment camp during WWII). I feel pretty good about that one, and since it is part-time, I can still substitute the other half. The other possibility is too far out in the future to talk about, but it is really exciting to have leads and possibilities finally opening up. I feel really validated about my decision to move across the country, which is great since it was such a BIG decision! Praise the Lord! :)
5. I have been pleasantly surprised with how many UNC basketball games I've been able to watch. Thank goodness we have such a great reputation that ESPN and ESPN2 will pick us up for most games on the weekend! Despite our recent setbacks, it has been really great to be able to watch MY team play from so far away. We've got a big game this week against the dookies! GO HEELS!
6. I got a new coat this past week so I can finally go skiing! Hopefully I'll get to go the weekend after next!
Have a great week....and here's to the next month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment