Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend


It's official. I am a rising star. And diamonds are now my best friend.

I have been recruited into a town musical...and I apparently have a lead role in the "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" .....by default because I have blond hair and I'm one of the youngest in the ensemble. This should be very interesting! My friend Jonene (the choir director at 1st Pres) is one of the people in charge of the musical and she took me out for lunch on Saturday to tell me all about it. It is going to be old Hollywood movie songs. I think I will be involved in 4 of them. Three will be with a large choir of 40ish people and the "Diamonds" song will be about 10. We are slated to perform in early March....so I don't have long to practice!! This will certainly be an adventure...I think i'll need all the broken legs I can get!

We had a brief snow over the weekend which melted pretty quickly and then this week they are calling for another skiff. It's hard to know how much is going to accummulate because the wind pushes the clouds through so quickly.

I went to volleyball again last night...the Carolina game was not on a channel I could get so I figured I could read about it later. I sure hope PJ is ok and gets over his concussion soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment