Thursday, January 24, 2013
Back in the Saddle
I started to say I was back into the swing of things, but decided since I'm in Wyoming, "back in the saddle" is much more appropriate. I think I am officially over my cold and feeling tons better. Here's a few updates.
1. The weather has been super nice this week. Hazel and I went on a walk yesterday and I just wore a sweatshirt. It has been windier today, but the temperature has still been nice. Mid to upper 40's have been the highs. Sorry to all you North Carolinians who have been in the teens and twenties. I'll be back to that next week, but this brief respite has been very nice. Most of the snow has seemed to melt except right where I'm supposed to park in front of my house. It melts during the day and then there's a huge water puddle for me to jump over when I get home in the evenings, and when I leave in the mornings I have to practically skate across a frozen patch of ice. Hopefully it will get gone soon.
2. I am playing volleyball again! When I was here before, I saw a group playing volleyball at the gym and asked if I could join in. We met every Tuesday night, and it is pretty competitive. I called the guy who is in charge of setting it all up and he remembered me. I called Monday night to see if there was any volleyball coming up since they do rec leagues at the gym. He said show up tomorrow night at 7 so I did. Most of the same people are still coming to play and a couple of them remembered me too. We had a blast! You can guess where I'll be every Tuesday night! (unless there's a Carolina game on...)
3. I went to choir practice last night at church. There's a dinner beforehand that I didn't get to this week, but I'll try to get there next Wednesday. This was a huge conflict of interests since UNC was on ESPN at the same time as choir...I nonchalantly checked the score in between songs and made it home for the last 10-15 minutes.
4. My babysitting stuff is still going well. Hazel and I haven't ventured out on the town much, but i'm hoping to get to the museum with her tomorrow for a family fun day event/scavenger hunt. Maybe we'll get to the library next week as well. Bo and Coy (Hazel's parents) are a lot of fun. I've enjoyed getting to know them as well.
5. My favorite thing about today: Click Here for the Best Part!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment