Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!! This weekend is a whirlwind of festivities and fun! Friday night, I went to the Tough Enough Rodeo, which was raising money for breast cancer research. Some of the museum staff volunteered at the rodeo, so we got to go watch once our duties were finished.

Yesterday, I got up early and went to watch the parade at 9:30 with Laura and Vanessa. We had a great spot about halfway through the parade. We saw some really great floats, including one with veterans from WWII in the Pacific Theater.


...and a woman with her pink poodle. The only word I can use to accurately describe what she looked like, is tottering. She tottered down the entire street and it was really funny to watch.

The parade also had a bunch of really old farm equipment and old cars that were fun to see. I thought Daddy would like this tractor. We think it was steam powered, but we have no idea. It didn't have rubber tires, just the metal frames, and it chugged down main street like it owned the place! That one was one of my favorite "floats." There were TONS of horses, i'd say about 150 or so, in the parade, and all of them were absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

Tonight, I am going to the rodeo, and then to a party that the museum is having before watching the fireworks. We are going down by the river behind the musem on some secret property that the museum has which is really close to where the fireworks are shot off from. I'm looking forward to it, although I am missing both the festivities at Montreat as well as Collettsville. I will miss seeing everybody at the ballpark in Collettsville, it has always been such a great time to catch up with some of my childhood friends, not to mention the best fireworks show in Caldwell County! :) I also hope that the parade at Montreat went well today and nobody lost any kids!
Happy Fourth of July to all, and God Bless America!




No comments:

Post a Comment