Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Light of the World


Last night I met some friends from Cody in the Park for supper and left early enough that I could stop and see things if I wanted to. Fall is definitely out in full force here, with 3 colors being prominent. The grass has turned quite brown by this point in the season. Most trees are lodgepole pine, and stay green. The bright colors come from the aspen trees which turn a brilliant yellow. At their peak, they almost hurt your eyes to look at because they are so bright. On my drive, I noticed a couple places where there was one, solitary aspen tree in the middle of the hillside. Those single trees looked so beautiful and strong and courageous despite their aloneness and lack of forest companions. They fight  against snow, ice, wind, and cold temperatures in the winter time to survive. The struggle for life in their natural habitat is fierce and life is hard. The longer I looked at them, the more poignant the verses became that urge us to let our lights shine. I choose to shine God's light whether I stand alone or have a forest around me. Be the light.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16



"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness, and truth." Ephesians 5:5-9





Other pictures from my trip through the Park yesterday...





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words- love how you see God's word in nature and in your own heart❤️

    ReplyDelete