Monday, May 27, 2013

Bear Girls: Part III


We just got back from our next adventure, and boy, what an adventure it was! Yesterday we went to the Battle of the Little Bighorn and saw where Custer made his last stand. I've been to the battlefield several times in my life, so I knew what to expect, but it was fun to see it through Anne's eyes and have to tell her all about the battle and what happened there. She said she felt like she was getting a personal tour. :) I hope I was able to put SOME of my history knowledge to good use. We both really enjoyed the talk that the Park Ranger gave.



 
 
We left the Crow Agency and headed back to Billings for a quick stop before heading northwest to Lewistown, Montana. That was such a beautiful drive. We ran into a couple of thunderstorms, which were seemed unusual because half of the sky was bright with sunshine while the other half was incredibly dark with storm clouds. I expected a rainbow, and sure enough, we found one. Actually, we found 2....for about 5 miles we saw a double rainbow. Absolutely gorgeous.
 
 

The closer we got to Lewistown, the more excited we got. I re-remembered how much I love Montana....mostly because of the green-ness. It is definitely more beautiful than Wyoming. The sunset we drove towards cast different colors across the wide meadows and pastures. We kept playing a song on repeat because it just seemed to fit. I'm not going to lie, there were beautiful moments that brought tears to our eyes. What a wonderful God we have to create so much beauty just for us.


 
 
 
It is late and we are tired, so stay tuned for the next Bear Girls Adventure Story featuring boxing squirrels and mud bogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment