Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mid-week Update


Well, I don't have any new pictures to post this time, but I CAN tell you about my job at the museum. I've finally gotten started scanning pictures and have figured out what I'm supposed to do. Today I made it to picture #43!! Slow and steady wins the race, right?

We've had another snowstorm over the past couple of days. We had a really nice week last week with pleasant temps, but then everything just plummeted and we got about 3 inches of snow. It was down to 15 the past 2 mornings. Brrr!!! I'm very jealous of the 75 degree weather back in NC!

I've been helping with the Youth Group here in Cody, and we're getting ready to start a series studying different cults/denominations/other beliefs. It should be pretty interesting since there is a pretty large Mormon population around here. If anyone has any suggestions on books or resources, please send them my way! It will be great for me and Quincy (the other Youth leader) to study all these other faiths and learn about them personally before we then teach them to the youth. I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't really had to "study" anything in a long time, and I miss it! Never thought I'd say that during my years at UNC, but I do miss learning. I guess that's part of why i'm enjoying my new job so much too, because I have to learn more about the subject and then all the computer stuff to go with it.

The best news I got today was that my roommate Anne is coming to visit at the end of May!! It will be so great to see a familiar NC face and be able to share all my new hangouts and go see some pretty parts of the country with her. I'm REALLY excited!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment