Sunday, August 8, 2010

Last Week Shananigans

Since my summer is quickly drawing to a close, I've been trying to pack EVERYTHING I have left that I want to do into the rest of my time. I haven't had a lot of sleep, but i've been having a blast! I think i'll be able to catch back up on the 2,000 mile drive home.

Friday night I spent the night at Jessica's again. We stayed up late watching a movie out at one of her friends' houses, and then slept out on the trampoline and watched the sunrise. It was beautiful! The next morning we went adventuring on some parts of the farm that I hadn't been to yet, and went on a semi-hike down by a creek that had a really pretty waterfall.



We stopped for a short break one of their multiple tire swings (I've counted 4 so far), and I have several splinters from the rope that I still haven't been able to get out yet. Last night we played a bunch of games and then stayed up late watching another movie before getting up super early to help with farm chores again this morning.


After church, I got to take a good nap, and then went over to Jonene's (she's the choir director) and played card games and dominos for awhile. We had a blast.
I had a visit with my advisor last week and got a lot of my school schedule finished planning and I'm MUCH less stressed about being a senior and having all my requirements to graduate. My schedule is pretty easy on MW and really tough on Tuesday and less tough on Thursday. Friday will be a breeze, because I don't have class at all on Friday! So i'll be free to go home Thursday night or Friday mornings! I'm really excited about that. I only need 27 hours to graduate, 15 of those are required classes, and the other 12 are electives. I think that this will be a good year, and once I get back into the swing of things, I think I won't miss being out here quite so much.
Dad comes out on Wednesday, so it will be fun to have him out here and to show him all my favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment