Last weekend I went to Ennis, Montana to visit the Eggletons. For those of you who don't know, Tammy was one of my teachers before she moved to Nebraska and then to Germany....so when I went to Germany 2 years ago, they are who I visited. Erica is about to start her freshman year at MSU in Bozeman, so hopefully I'll be able to see them much more regularly!
I drove over to Bozeman last Friday afternoon after I got done with work (future blog post coming about proper Park etiquette...pretty much out of control), and got in right after supper. I had a gorgeous drive through the park and then through Montana. I drove past this lake that was created about 10 years ago due to an earthquake that created a big rock slide to dam up the water.
Saturday Erica was running a 5K and then we took a short trip over the mountain to Virginia City and Nevada City. We got to take a fire truck tour and go on a short train ride. We went up to Boot Hill in Virginia City which was also a great view of the rest of town.
Saturday night we went to a spaghetti supper in the park because Erica was running in a half-marathon on Sunday.....the 5K was just her warm up! We sat with this man originally from Poland who was running in his 315th marathon Sunday....he's run marathons in all 50 states and is working his way back through them again. He had some neat stories. The race on Sunday was up on a mountain top and it was absolutely gorgeous up there! We got there early enough for me to walk a couple of miles...everything was conveniently marked for me to measure how far I walked! Here's some pictures from up there on the mountain top and then the drive back into Ennis...
Monday we went tubing and ate a picnic on the river before I headed back to Cody. I got to skype with Dad and Mike on Monday morning before we left for tubing which was fantastic...chances are looking really good for Mike and Lesley to come visit me...when Mama and Dad come visit! Family reunion in Cody!! I am BEYOND excited for this. Even if it doesn't work out for them all to be here at the same time it sure is exciting to think about! It was great to see some old friends last weekend, and I'm looking forward to hopefully visiting Erica while she's in Bozeman!
The weather is certainly changing again. I don't know if there is going to be an early fall or not, but it is much cooler in the nights than it has been. I went to the drive-in movies last night and got a little chilled sitting outside. I had a blanket but probably could have used another one! It is getting in the 50s now. We'll see how soon winter gets here!
Coming soon: Proper Etiquette and Procedures for Traveling Through National Parks. A MUST READ for travelers. Really.
No comments:
Post a Comment