Sunday, March 10, 2013
Faith to be Content
A few short months ago, I sat on a friend's couch after babysitting and was talking about what my future options might include. At the time, there weren't too many (big disappointment) and didn't look like there would be more any time soon. As I sat there airing all my griefs and burdens and worries and concerns about the unknowns in my future, Allison let me get it all out and then asked me if I knew what came before Philippians 4:13. Honestly, I had no idea.
She told me about a similar time in her life when she was unsure what the future would hold and was about to make a life-changing decision, and then shared Philippeans 4:11-13.
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstance. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me."
I was not content in my circumstances. I had a roof over my head (thanks Dad!), food in my belly (thanks Mom!), friends and family who love me and genuinely care for my well-being, and yet I was not content. I had no idea that the verses preceding Phil. 4:13 talked about being content...because when you ARE truly content, you feel like you can do anything- with God's strength- no matter the circumstance. It took weeks and months of prayer to find the contentment in my present circumstances to decide to use God's strength and provision to step out in faith and move 2,000 miles across the country. And what an adventure it has been.
Now for the big news.....drumroll please..........
I HAVE A JOB!!!!
I was offered the part-time position at the Heart Mountain Interpretive Center which is next to the site of a former Japanese Internment Camp from WWII. It is about 12 miles outside of town. My job is in Education and Archives and my 1st day is March 26th. I will be working (I think) to put images and documents that they have onto the computer-the archives part- and helping with school groups that come in to visit- the education part. I am SO excited to get started. God is so good!
I had plans to go to Thermopolis and enjoy the hot springs on Saturday with the Evans, but Hazel got an ear infection so we are going to postpone for 2 weeks and then make it into a birthday party! I can't wait!!
10 days!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your faith witness was a beautiful thing to read-- God is so good to provide contentment (and excitement!) to you and to reward your step of faith to a new "world" in Cody. I am so proud of you--happy for you--and thankful for you. Love--Mom
ReplyDelete